SOCIAL MEDIA AND CONTENT SPECIALIST
We are seeking an entry-level and goal oriented Social Media & Content Specialist based in Ottawa to run our brand social accounts and those of our existing and new clients.
You’ll be working alongside our A-team to drive success for our brand and our clients in the digital space through optimizing content and SEO, content planning, creative problem solving, and driving actionable insights from analytics. You’ll be working with our principal to develop and acquire new clients, and evolve our menu of Social Media services that co-exist with our unique business.
• Pro-active relationship management and guidance for our clients
• Understanding our client’s goals and assisting them in best practices advice and planning to meet those goals
• Responding to the requests and needs of clients in a timely and professional manner
• Plan and coordinate content strategies and release schedules with clients in the digital space (including YouTube)
• Deploy partner content to managed client outlets (including YouTube)
• Optimize partner content on YouTube and other digital outlets
• Communicate potential growth opportunities and suggest new strategies for our brand and our clients
• Track, analyze and report growth of managed assets and channels
• Execute social media posting, scheduling, and analysis in domestic markets, then growing to manage our brand/clients internationally
• Support advertising execution on social media
• Collaborate with our media creators for Content Marketing to execute campaigns for the purposes of integration, engagement, and promotion of our brand and our clients.
• Additional duties as required
We hope you have:
• 1-2 years of experience in driving client success, experience in the travel/hospitality/entertainment business, and of course social media.
• Passionate about lifestyle quality, outstanding customer care and authentic experiences.
• You have a passion and deep understanding of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
• Understanding of the online video industry, especially YouTube
• Must demonstrate excellent listening skills and the ability to understand direction and client’s needs
• Great personality with a positive attitude and lots of energy
• Ability to take the initiative and drive excellent results
• Must be able to work independently and communicate effectively
• Experience with spreadsheets, generating reports, and/or building case studies
• Excellent organization and time management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A positive mindset matters… so does a sense of humour
- Outspoken and opinionated is a bonus
- The need to influence.
A little more about the position:
Our team is everything. We offer generous revenue based compensation and career advancement. The hours we expect of you are demanding but flexible. You’ll work when our client’s work, so we’re not your typical 9-5 gig.
We operate on a horizontal management structure that rewards creativity and values transparency.
We want to give you the perfect balance of work-and-play, and you’ll enjoy the perks that working with the best places to stay, eat, visit, play and shop in Ottawa have to offer.
We’ll be expanding to many destinations, so when that happens be ready to travel and implement our Social Media program we’ve built here at home.
We understand that some applicants don’t quite fit stated requirements. In fact, we expect it. If your background is less than conventional but you feel passionate that you would make a good fit, we encourage you to apply.
So if you love collaborating, influencing, innovating, and pushing yourself to excellence, let’s have a chat.
Please skip the usual resume; rather, send us a link to your LinkedIn profile and your social media accounts (and/or accounts you manage) along with a short overview of your hobbies, career goals and why you think it’s important to help local businesses succeed.
Extra points for naming a few of your favourite places to stay, eat, visit, play and shop…and why they’re your favourites.
Videographer – Summer Internship
Do you have a passion for creating amazing video content? We are looking for a highly motivated, passionate and energetic person who can accelerate our social media efforts and help make great content for our online episodes. We want to add your creativity and video editing knowledge to our ongoing production of our high quality video content.
We’re based in downtown Ottawa. You’ll be working in a flexible and casual working environment with an opportunity that gets you in on the ground floor of an established startup.
You’ll be able to:
* Help write, plan and produce engaging stories.
* Film, edit and produce videos.
* Co-ordinate and schedule video releases and social media posts.
* Help plan the creation of engaging and entertaining social content with the aim to inform, entertain and engage the viewer.
* Seek out and collaborate with others to generate content.
Requirements and Skills:
* Self starter – able to work with minimum direction.
* Knowledge of social media platforms especially YouTube, Instagram and Facebook.
* Good experience with video editing software and desire to improve.
* Have an excellent sense of timing.
* Excellent at organizing tasks and time management.
* Strong attention to detail and obsession with accuracy.
* Bonus if you are a charismatic communicator in person and through your writing.
* A high proficiency with English; any other languages are also a major advantage.
* Pursuing a degree in Film or Communications.
* Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, and other Adobe Suite options. We have the full package.
* Experience with filming and knowledge of lighting is a plus.
If you think this is YOU, please send us your resume and editing portfolio.